Students currently enrolled in Spanish Language Program (SLP) courses at Duke University have six options for receiving out-of-class language skill assistance:
- Currently enrolled Spanish students may visit their Instructors during office hours to review material and receive individualized explanations. Office hours are listed on your Blackboard site.
- The Instructor in a Spanish course may refer a currently enrolled student to a SLP tutor, which will allow the students to schedule a weekly appointment. Once referred, it is the student’s responsibility to schedule and keep appointments with the tutors. This is a free service. For tutoring schedules see below.
- Currently enrolled students may seek extra support by working with a SLP tutor on a walk-in basis. The tutor will work 15-30 minutes with the students when the tutor’s schedule permits. Review the schedule below and walk-in to see if the tutor is available at that time. This is a free service.
- Spanish 101-204 students may sign up for Peer Tutoring with the Academic Resource Center. This is a free service.
- All Duke students may participate in the Club Pura Vida: a SLP sponsored club for students who want to practice their Spanish skills while cooking, dancing, etc. .
- Any student may hire a tutor. Contact for names of private tutors.
Spanish 101-204 students are eligible for weekly 30 minute sessions with SLP course tutors
Spanish 203-204 students have the option for weekly 30 minute sessions with SLP writing tutors
Spanish 303 students are eligible for weekly 15 minute sessions with SLP course tutors
Spanish 301, 302, 305, 306 and higher are eligible for weekly 30 minute sessions with SLP writing tutors
Fall 2014 (9/8/14-12/4/14)
***Note: Fall Break - October 10-14
Tutoring takes place at 2016 Campus Drive.
2016 Campus Drive
2016 Campus Drive
2016 Campus DriveEvening