MinorityPostdoc.org is the premier web portal on the minority postdoctoral experience especially in the science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) disciplines. We feature articles, resources, & events about career advice, professional development, jobs, funding, fellowships, mentoring, and diversity issues. Unless indicated otherwise, all website content is authored by the Editor.
MinorityPostdoc.org is published by the non-profit, DiverseScholar, a project of the fiscal sponsor Community Partners. Our sponsors and partners are listed below. DiverseScholar offers a number of services to diversify the doctoral workforce:
- The MinorityPostdoc.org Resources list publicizes for free many opportunities to help doctoral graduate students transition to the postdoctoral stage and both grads/postdocs transition to their first professional position in academia, industry, and other careers.
- The Job listings page has many postdoctoral and professional job/opportunity advertisements for all employment sectors: academia, industry, government, non-profit, etc. Potential advertisers can request information on rates and terms by contacting us.
- We organize or participate in many diversity-related Events. Our professional development sessions educate and mentor doctoral trainees. Our policy and advocacy activities connect institutional diversity stakeholders to the difficult-to-find minority postdoctoral population. Slideshows from some of our past activities are archived on the Presentations page.
- We maintain an opt-out, internal contact list of over 1,100 diverse postdocs. Client advertisement info is included in our monthly email announcements to this contact list.
- We accept Institutional Subscriptions for access to our unique Doctoral Directory of diverse doctoral job candidates. This opt-in Directory is derived from individuals in our email contact list who have responded to our internal demographics/career survey. Check out our Postdoc Spotlight feature (below left) of prospective candidates for open positions.
- We publish original written works under the brand DiverseScholar. Please submit article ideas by email.