Requirements: 5 courses
- 5 courses from the departmental French language course offerings (FL curriculum code) at the 300 level or above.
- Depending on your language proficiency, FRENCH 204 - Advanced Intermediate French Language and Culture may be counted towards the requirements for the minor (excludes AP credit).
Study Option: Duke-approved courses taught in French in Study Abroad Programs may also count towards this minor concentration, with approval of the program advisor and the Director of Undergraduate Studies.
Students are strongly urged to study abroad since this is the best way to achieve language proficiency and to acquire knowledge of a country’s culture. Courses taken abroad count toward the core and/or related courses as follows:
• Duke-in-France. A maximum of two courses with French course numbers at or above the 300-level per semester may be counted towards the minor.
Duke-Administered Summer Programs
• Duke-in-Aix-en-Provence. French 212A Intensive Intermediate French Language and Culture counts as one course toward the minor.
• Duke-in-Paris. Two courses may be counted toward the minor.
• Duke-in-Provence. One course may be counted towards the minor.
Non-Duke Administered Semester Programs
• One course per semester may be counted towards the minor.
Non-Duke-Administered Summer Programs
• One course may be counted towards the minor.